Podcast Tools I use to Create, Produce and Publish the Outdoor Biz Podcast
You DO NOT need to spend a ton of money to launch your podcast. If someone tells you about a bunch of gear you need and apps to make it sound great RUN! Run fast and as far away as you can get from that person. Sure there is equipment out there that can help you but you can get started with a computer, your earbuds and a Skype or Zoom account. If you have any questions give me a call and I'll help you sort it out. In the meantime below I've listed the equipment and apps I use or have used to produce my show.
Many of the links below are affiliate links, which means if you decide to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies and products, I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you in your business and adventures.
I use this mic almost exclusively for recording my podcast episodes. It is reliable, usb powered so I can use it anywhere and records great sound. It comes with USB and XLR cables which allows me to use it directly with my laptop as well as my H4n Zoom Handy recorder.
The ATR2100x is designed to take you from the stage to the studio and beyond. This rugged handheld microphone offers two outputs, USB output for digital recording, and an XLR output that connects with a sound system's conventional microphone input for use in live performance. The microphone plugs right into your computer's USB port, and functions seamlessly with your favorite recording software. The ATR2100x also offers a quality analog-to-digital converter for excellent fidelity, and a headphone output with level control for monitoring with no audible delay. Its cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of unwanted sounds from the sides and rear. The microphone is ideal for live performance, podcasting, home studio recording, field recording, and voice over use.
Bose Noise Canceling Headphones
Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones are the only headphones I'll use. In the studio and on the road. Crisp, clean sound wherever I go.
- Three levels of world-class noise cancellation for better listening experience in any environment
- Alexa-enabled for voice access to music, information, and more
- Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for clear sound and voice pick-up
- Balanced Audio performance at any volume
- Hassle-free Bluetooth pairing, personalized settings, access to future updates, and more through the Bose connect app.Usb cable: 12 inch
- Bose AR enabled — an innovative, audio-only version of augmented reality
- For iPhone, iPad, and Android users, be sure your product’s firmware is up to date through the Bose connect app. Then you can access a showcase of Bose ar-enhanced apps with Links to download them.
Zoom H4n Pro All Black 4-Track Portable Recorder (2020 Model)
I use my H4n Zoom Handy recorder for recording 95% of my podcast episodes. It is reliable, battery or directly powered so I can use it anywhere and records great sound. It comes with XLR ports which allows me to plug in my ATR 2100 mics or Lenovo Lav mics directly. I put a 32GB Sandisk card in away we go.
- The portable Zoom H4n Digital Recorder offers professional performance in a compact size at an affordable price. Its two onboard external microphones are uniquely configured for coincident recording. With two additional jacks, you can simultaneously record four different tracks. Professional features, including time-stamping, mid-side (MS) decoding, and a library of multi-effects, make creating quality audio infinitely easier. The tough, rubberized shell both protects this sturdy recorder and virtually eliminates handling noise. A clear, readable, 1.9-inch backlit LCD display screen interface and intuitive controls simplify device operation. It delivers six hours of continuous recording time in stereo/4 channel/MTR mode and an amazing 11 hours in stamina mode.Capable of making recordings in WAV or MP3 formats, the Zoom H4n captures excellent sound quality, up to 24-bit/96kHz. Once recorded, a host of internal effects, including compression, reverb, and overdubbing, allow professional mixing and production. The two built-in mics can be positioned at a 90-degree angle for a more focused capture. You can also position them to a 120-degree angle for wider, more inclusive recordings. The Zoom H4n Handy Recorder integrates seamlessly with any number of recording systems for professional results. It comes with Cubase LE software for Mac or PC. It records directly onto either an SDHC or SD card up to 32GB. It has a USB port for convenient connection and data exchange to your computer. It operates on only two AA batteries or an AD-14 AC adapter. With all this to offer, the Zoom H4n Digital Recorder can meet your recording needs and expand your professional capability.
Foam Mic Covers
Panasonic Eneloop AA Rechargeable Batteries
Mic Boom Arm
Mic Pop Filter
Panasonic Eneloop Batteries Recharge up to 2100 times. Maintain up to 70% of their charge after 10 years (when not it use). 2000mAh type, 1900mAh min, Ni-MH pre-charged rechargeable battery. Pre-Charged at the factory using solar power and ready to use. No memory effect – batteries can be recharged when fully, or partially discharged